Why I only purchase my gasoline at CITGO
Considering the circumstances of the times, I have decided to boycott all gas stations that are not CITGO. Here are some facts which
influenced my decision:
1. "US oil giant Exxon Mobil made a record $25.3 BILLION (£13.4bn; 19.4bn euros) profit in 2004 as it benefited from the surge in crude
oil prices. Exxon Mobil's profits rose to $25.33bn from $21.51bn last year, on revenues up 17% to $298 BILLION."
2. According to media reports, Anglo-Dutch oil firm Shell is expected on Thursday to reveal a record annual profit for a UK firm of about
3. As you may or may not know, CITGO is owned by PDV America, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.,
the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
4. According to TrueMajority, CITGO provided assistance to needy Americans by offering them heating oil below the normal cost this winter.
5. Additionally, Venezuela is the only major oil producing country whose government is a democracy.
This is why I will go out of my way to purchase my gas at CITGO. I believe that the best way to vote your mind is with your wallet. "Put
your money where your mouth is" in action…!
By: Jeffrey J. Atto
March 24, 2006